Classes Back in Session

img_6013 BALDWIN PARK– On Thursday September 8, Baldwin Park High School had its Back to School Night. It was an opportunity for parents to see a little bit of what their children see every day. Every club and sport trying to gain more members attended and sold treats to parents and students.

The night started off with students and their parents buying snacks from the booths before the bell rang to attend the first class. Booths varied in types of food and drinks; there were even two boba booths. New clubs like Soul Society and the BP Dance Crew appeared and tried to recruit more members.

img_5951The Baldwin Park High School choir sang the Star Spangled Banner as the BPHS orchestra prepared to play. Roxanne Dominguez, Greg Arias, Sela Martinez, and Jasmine Leyva all performed spectacular solos. The orchestra played an exciting piece called Goblin Feast and performed it very well.

The first bell rang and the parents got the rushing feeling students get when trying to get to class before the next bell rings. Parents got to meet the teachers their children would learning from for the rest of the year and saw the typical school day environment.

During classroom visits, ASB and Drama put on a very img_5966entertaining show for those who stuck around in the quad area. ASB club members put on a show as they danced a number of funky dances, one being El Caballo Dorado. ASB president Evelyn Montenegro and vice president Keoni Hilo even danced on their own on stage. Drama also performed hilarious improv skits.img_6024

The night ended with the parents attending the last classroom and every club packing up their snack stands. Back to School Night was a total success with parents getting a new insight into their children’s education.