Rescinding is a Thing?

After seniors are accepted to the colleges of their choice, or the colleges they applied for, they tend to forget that their acceptances are provisional. Many students start slacking off and they don’t even realize it until the end is near. They put things aside until the last two weeks of school and they start squirming around when they finally read the contracts for their provisional acceptances. Then they start worrying about being rescinded.

Most contracts state that students who slack off and show a huge slip in their second semester grades run the chance of being rescinded. To be rescinded is simply to have one’s college admission revoked. Most universities hold their students to maintain their grades, or at least pass every class with grades of a C or better, and a GPA of at least a 3.0.

While many students take this as a message that they can slack off as long as they still pass all of their classes, they forget that they still have to maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average, preferably higher. Oftentimes, these simple mistakes are what get their admissions revoked. Other students think colleges are bluffing, but as soon as the colleges receive the students’ final transcripts, the students get the “we regret to inform you…” letters.

Many of these students go from being honor roll students to just average students. Colleges accepted the honor roll students, not the average students. Those who are granted admission to a university are selected carefully from a pool of thousands of other applicants. That is why colleges are so strict about students maintaining the grades they had received before they were accepted. Drops in G.P.A. make colleges believe the applicant they accepted is not as capable of success at their university as they once believed . It makes them believe that the student may not be able to handle college pressure. Once a student is rescinded, it is difficult to appeal it.

Colleges rescind students all the time. We don’t often hear about it, but it sure does happen. If a student’s grades are slipping or they receive any Ds or Fs in any of their classes, it is up to them to notify the college they committed to. Sometimes, colleges will let a grade slide, but only if the student has a good explanation, and if the student informs them before the time comes to send in final transcripts. So, there it is. Don’t slack off, and don’t forget to email the colleges if one receives any low grades. They know students get lazy their last semester of high school, but they won’t keep that student if they completely give up. Good luck!

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

The Beginning of the End is Here

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

$11 to Get to and From L.A.?

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

FREE, in L.A.?

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

Look How Far We’ve Come!

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

Coffee and Sleep

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

Don’t Burn a Hole in Your Wallet on Father’s Day

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

My Experience With Oxygen (Coffee)

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

The Coachella Experience

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

Baseball Plays Last Game of the Season

• Rescinding is a Thing?

Archives

Forests, Leaders, No Bears: Oh My!

Rescinding is a Thing?