Key Club: Poppin’ For Service!

BALDWIN PARK, CA– The BPHS Key Club is back at it again! With only two months into the new term with a new board, the Baldwin Park High School Key Club is off to an amazing start! On Saturday, April 23, for the first time, a DCM (Division Council Meeting) was held at Morgan Park. So many great accomplishments were recognized by the Division 35 West LTG (Lieutenant Governor). The DCM was from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M..oooh

First on the agenda were club announcements, where each Key Club president shared his or her club’s past events and goals. This was also the very first DCM of the 2016-2017 term, so DLT (Division Leadership Team) positions were announced. BPHS freshman, Suu Nemyo, was elected as Interclub Coordinator with Rebecca Nhan from Sierra Vista High School as Secretary and David Lam from West Covina High School as Spirit Coordinator. Not only did Baldwin Park receive Club of the Month, but Camille Tieu, BPHS sophomore, got Officer of the Month as BPHS Key Club Treasurer.

Adding to all the fun were the two service projects, making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and creating non-slip socks for the homeless. A total of 300 sandwiches and 100 pairs of socks were made. All the members put in their time and effort while working in the blazing sun. New friends were made because Key Club members from another division, D35E, joined in on the fun. A fundraiser selling popcorn, chicken, and boba raised $80 for Project Eliminate.

Michelle Vu, former Vice President of Baldwin Park Key Club, shared one of her last Key Club experiences.

“Can I just say DCMs make me really happy? This one in particular just made me feel all kinds of bubbly. This DCM made me realize why I love Key Club in the first place: the people, the spirit, the service,” she explained. “ And what an honor it is to have our hometown hold the first DCM of the new term! But most importantly, I want to say how proud I am of the new board! Throughout the past month, I have seen them take initiative and give it all for the club. BP is back!”