College Admissions: UCR

BALDWIN PARK, CA– For Baldwin Park High School seniors who applied to the University of California, Riverside (UCR), acceptance letters are coming out! For many college-bound students, waiting for acceptance letters from universities is the toughest part of the application process.

BPHS senior Leon Truong's UCR admission letter for Business Economics.
Shwe Nemyo
BPHS senior Leon Truong’s UCR admission letter for Business Economics.

There are 9 schools in the UC system. Each campus will notify seniors about whether they have been admitted or not from March 1st to March 31st. One of the schools has already sent out admissions to Baldwin Park High School students- University of California, Riverside.

UCR is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse campuses with over 21,000 students. Many Baldwin Park High School seniors have already been admitted to the class of 2020.

Timothy Lam, BPHS senior, looks forward to college. UCR is his 5th acceptance.ucr1 “I am happy because high school has been a long haul for me. I will choose the university that has my major and I will run for it,” he said.

It is highly recommended that students wait to hear from all schools they have applied to before they register. For the UC system, students can only accept admission to one campus and later they will need to submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by May 1st to ensure they have a place to attend in the fall.

ucr3