Key Club: Who’s The Next LTG?

RANCHO CUCAMONGA– On Saturday, January 16th, Region 13 held its annual Conclave at Los Osos High School. Hundreds of Key Clubbers arrived at 10:00 A.M. to listen to the candidates’ speeches and learn about the true meaning of the club.

Baldwin Park High School Key Club, from Division 35W, was among many other clubs that attended. Dylan Tran, Vice President of Glen A. Wilson High School and Executive Assistant of D35W,  won the election as the next lieutenant governor for the 2016-2017 term.

Conclave is a regional event where Region 13 (Division 35W, 35E, 15, 10N, and 10S) elect their new lieutenant governors for the new term. Lieutenant governors (LTGs) are responsible for supporting the growing clubs within his or her division and serving as a liaison between the district and the club.

conclave.png 4
Delegates Cindy Nguyen and Camille Tieu represented Baldwin Park Key Club.

Sophomores Cindy Nguyen and Camille Tieu both represented BPHS’s Key Club as delegates, where they both had the chance to vote.

Cindy believed Conclave was a great experience for her to learn more about leadership. By gaining confidence and knowledge, she also hopes to run for one of Baldwin Park’s Board Members in March 2016.

“Representing Baldwin Park as a delegate was very nerve-wrecking and exciting due to the fact that we got to choose our division’s LTG,” said Cindy.

As an active member, Camille wants to see more students join. She explained she wishes to raise more money for various charities.

Former D35W LTG Connor Watts and Camille Tieu.

“Being able to attend Conclave for the first time was a thrilling experience. As I listened to every speech, I learned that anyone can be a leader from the shyest person to the most talkative, Key Club helps shape everyone into leaders. [This experience] motivated me to become a better leader,” she said.

LTG Elect Dylan Tran had a lot to say about his amazing day.

“Now that I am a LTG Elect, I feel that a lot of work and responsibility will come during my term. It still has not hit me yet that I am the next lieutenant governor because I still have a lot to learn. However, I am ready to tackle any obstacles and accomplish my goals this term,” he said.

Conclave demonstrates that the best part of Key Club is leadership. Being a leader does not create followers, but inspires others to become leaders.