A Holiday Orchestra Concert

A Holiday Orchestra Concert

On Friday, December 4th, family and friends were welcomed to gather at the Performing Arts Center to enjoy the free entertainment provided by the Baldwin Park High School Orchestra and the Sierra Vista High School Orchestra. Not a single seat was left unclaimed by the large crowd that eagerly awaited the performers that evening.

The Sierra Vista High School Orchestra was the first to take the stage that night under the direction of Dr. David Brock. The orchestra proceeded to perform the songs “Assemble the Minions,” “Jesu: Joy of Man’s Desiring,” “Over the Rainbow,” and “Momentum.”

After the orchestra’s performance, Dr. David Brock, who has taught at SVHS for 17 years, introduced and warmly welcomed Marcy Kamler as she prepared for her first concert with the BPHS Orchestra. Then, in the spirit of Christmas, Dr. Brock called upon the relatives of the SVHS students and encouraged them to generously offer their seats to the BPHS parents who were left to stand because of the limited seats. This request met a favorable response from the entire audience.

After a brief intermission, the Baldwin Park High School Orchestra walked on stage under the direction of Ms. Kamler. The audience was then treated to the performance of “Warrior Legacy,” “Ice Sculptures” (with soloist Kiana Martinez), “Hanukkah Habanera” (with soloist Andrew Gallegos), and “Suite Petite Winter Sweet.”

The performance was met with resounding applause from the audience. BPHS principal Anthony Ippolito was present and personally thanked Kamler for guiding the talent that exists at Baldwin Park High School.

The night was truly memorable, especially for the orchestra’s seniors who recognized it as their last winter concert. Emotional goodbyes were exchanged after the performance and several pictures were taken to keep and cherish.

IMG_1576_72