Adopt a Child

High school students adopting a child? Not exactly. The Adopt a Child program is sponsored by ASB every December. ASB members went to classrooms during 4th period, asking students, “Would you like to adopt a child?” Many students had weird reactions to the question. ASB explained that it was a donation Christmas gift. They could pick a tag with a child’s name on it and under the name it said what that child wanted as a gift. From Legos, to Minecraft blocks, to MP3 Players, many students got involved and went out to get gifts for these children. On Tuesday, December 16th during lunch ASB collected the gifts and displayed them on the outside stage for everyone to see. About 300 gifts were donated this year.

Almost all classes was more than happy to adopt a child. The gifts were sent over to the Foster Care, Ettie Lee Youth & Family Services. Ms. Farrell was very proud of our Braves claiming, “It’s a Christmas miracle,” and also said, “It’s a proud time to be a Brave, to see how generous our kids are. Some are suffering but they never fail.”

High school students adopting a child? Not exactly. The Adopt a Child program is presented by ASB every December. ASB members went to classrooms during 4th period, asking students “Would you like to adopt a child?” Many students had weird reactions to the question. ASB explained that it was a donation Christmas gift. They could pick a tag with a child’s name on it and under the name it said what that specific child wanted as a gift. From Legos, to Minecraft blocks, to MP3 Players, many students got involved and went out to get these children a gift. On Tuesday, December 16 during lunch ASB collected the gifts and displayed them on the outside stage for everyone to see. About 300 gifts were donated this year.