A New Hatching

WEST COVINA, CA– On Sunday, April 30, the officers and members of Baldwin Park High School Key Club attended their very first Division Council Meeting (DCM) for the start of the new term at Cortez Park from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

“Today was truly the day that I learned how blessed I am,” stated D35W LTG, Guy Suankaew. “I can’t thank everyone enough for coming out to my first DCM and dealing with my constant nervousness.”

This DCM was important because the Lieutenant Governors (LTG) of Division 35 West and Division 35 East announced the newly elected officers for both their Division Leadership Teams. The team must assist its LTG throughout the term of 2017-2018, giving advice and helping plan events for the members of Key Club, just like the cabinet for the president.

BPHS junior, Camelle Tieu, was elected as the Division Fundraising Coordinator. She currently ended her 2016-2017 term by serving as BPHS’s home club treasurer. BPHS sophomore, Suu Nemyo, also ended her term as Division Interclub Coordinator and will serve as BPHS’s secretary next year.

Almost every DCM includes a fun service event for members to enjoy in the end. For the April DCM, the Key Club members made non-slip socks for children hospitals. Everyone brought bottles of puffy paint and colorful markers to create designs. Even in the heat, members sat down in the shade and worked their creations with one another.

The BPHS Key Club board also sold boba milk tea and Thai milk tea for $3 each, with all profit going to the Pediatric Trauma Program (PTP). West Covina High School also sold spam musubi to pair with the boba. The fundraiser went well, especially because members were thirsty after serving their hours.

“Key Club is the reason why I wake up everyday smiling and gives me energy. It’s something I cherish with my whole heart and I know it will stay with me forever. With the best people in the world, how can you not fall in love with this organization?” Suankaew asked.

With a new LTG and new Division Leadership Team, the future of Key Club only gets brighter. The new officers of BPHS will hopefully lead the active members to success and better the club.

• A New Hatching

News

Cruisin’ for a Cause

• A New Hatching

News

End of the Year Trip for Orchestra

• A New Hatching

News

Speaking of Scholarships

• A New Hatching

News

Open to Close the Year

• A New Hatching

News

Baldwin Park High School Talent

• A New Hatching

News

Celebrating Cultures

• A New Hatching

News

Sandwichin’ with Service

• A New Hatching

News

Covina Bowl Strikes Out

• A New Hatching

News

When Donations Roll In

• A New Hatching

News

Not So Lonely After All

A New Hatching