The Countdown Begins

San Gabriel Valley Newspapers

Students celebrate at the end of the Baldwin Park High School graduation ceremony on Friday, June 1, 2012. (SGVN/Staff photo by Watchara Phomicinda)

Graduation is fast approaching and seniors can not be more excited to leave high school. June 1st is graduation day and leaves less than a month left of school.

Fernanda Garcia believes that this is a huge moment in everyone’s life. “It’s the end of high school, one of the most important stepping stones of life because from that moment on everything that goes on is based off your decisions. Whether you go to college or not, where you’re going to work.”

Other people just can not wait to leave high school. “I need the day to hurry up because I’m trying to be done with high school,” explained Rafael Lucatero. He went on to say that he can not wait to continue his education after high school.

“Can’t wait to get out in the real world and leave to college on my own! Just want to get away from Baldwin Park and explore the world. I’m excited to pursue my dreams, meet new people, and live life!” stated Fernando Carillo. He will miss high school, but he says seeing the world is an experience he can’t wait for.

Samantha Sanchez has mixed feelings about graduating. “Well I feel really relieved but it’s also kinda sad that school is ending. I enjoyed high school even through all the stress it caused me so it’s kinda bittersweet. I’m really glad that graduation is finally here because I’ve been looking forward to this moment all four years.”

Richard Perez can not wait to graduate and getting his diploma will mean a lot to his family. “I am finally happy that I get to finish high school, but I am sad that I will not get to see my friends on a daily bases.”