Off To College We Go

BALDWIN PARK, CA — Students throughout the nation are already getting accepted to many universities. The usual time when students receive acceptance letters is during the month of March; however, this year, colleges have decided to start relieving students of stress earlier.

Ann Mariel Pacada expressed relief to hear back from University of California, Merced (UCM) and Irvine, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, San Francisco State, and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo , “I am both proud and relieved that I finally get to have options in this college admission process.”

Some our very own Brave scholars have likewise been accepted. One of the early UCs being UC Irvine. UC Irvine released some acceptance letters early this February. Seniors from Baldwin Park High School, who applied for the honors program have bee accepted already including Jesus Aguilar, Ann Mariel Pacada, and Jorge Aparicio. This is a great accomplishment for these students  since the acceptance rate was only 44.9% for the 2016-2017 school year.

Pacada continued with, “It’s definitely an honor to be offered admission to the honors program.”

Cal State Fullerton began accepting students as early as late December and early January. This may be great news for those who have been accepted, but for those who have not yet gotten any news, might cause fear.

Those who have not yet gotten acceptance letters from these schools may just need to check their student portals to make sure everything is okay. For instance, Cal State Fullerton has requested transcripts from some students for a while now, but just recently sent out emails telling students to check their student portals.

Even though transcripts were requested, this does not mean that students have been accepted. It does not mean they have been ruled out either. It is crucial to check one’s student portals constantly to make sure that nothing is missing or needed in the application process.

Some schools that have already accepted students from Baldwin Park include: UCI, UCM, Humboldt, San Diego State, San Francisco State, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, and Cal State LA. Just keep checking your email and students portals to keep updated on your application.

• Off To College We Go

Features

Stressing Toward Graduation

• Off To College We Go

Features

Senioritis

• Off To College We Go

Features

Return Trump

• Off To College We Go

Features

Why to Visit the Huntington Library

• Off To College We Go

Features

Prom? Prom.

• Off To College We Go

Features

Spring Ahead

• Off To College We Go

Features

Procrastinating Senior Assignment (PSA)

• Off To College We Go

Features

Patiently Waiting

• Off To College We Go

Features

All Night, Grad Nite

• Off To College We Go

Features

The New Atlantis?

Off To College We Go