A Sprinkle of Motivation

BALDWIN PARK, CA– On Friday, January 27, Baldwin Park High School’s Renaissance gave out mini chocolate brownie snacks to students with no D’s or F’s on their semester report cards. The club was out in the quad during both lunches, and many Braves came over to receive their free rewards.

“Renaissance is all about acknowledging students and staff, whether it be academically or personal talents” replied Leslie Lona, BPHS senior and Renaissance Historian. “In honor of Chocolate Cake Day, we decided a fun way to honor our fellow Braves would be giving away Hostess cupcakes.”

BPHS Renaissance is always trying to find time to reward its students and staff. It is active weekly passing out small gifts and certificates to recognize the hard work of everyone on campus. Its most popular projects are Senior of the Week, Teacher of the Month, and birthdays. The next big event will be the Academic Recognition Rally for students and parents, coming soon.

The students needed to show proof, and all they had to bring was their previous report cards and their student ID’s. If one forgot to bring their report card, he or she could have shown proof of the grades by pulling up Illuminate, BPHS’s grading website. And to ensure that there was no sneaking or getting seconds, the Renaissance helpers stamped the students’ hands and punched holes into report cards.

Just like the free sundaes from Impact House, the cupcakes were meant to motivate fellow Braves to try harder in school, get involved, and have a little more school spirit.

“With efforts made from Renaissance, we definitely see a rise in spirit from our Braves. Small acknowledgments like these help motivate students and make them feel like they are a part of the Brave community,” Lona said happily.

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Cruisin’ for a Cause

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

End of the Year Trip for Orchestra

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

A New Hatching

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Speaking of Scholarships

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Open to Close the Year

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Baldwin Park High School Talent

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Celebrating Cultures

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Sandwichin’ with Service

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

Covina Bowl Strikes Out

• A Sprinkle of Motivation

News

When Donations Roll In

A Sprinkle of Motivation