Historic Break

On April 13th, the BPHS Braves were released into the wild of spring break, but before the Braves went off to break, they knew that they were not going to do anything productive. Mrs. Cardenas, government teacher, spoke to her second semester classes and offered students an extra chance to bring their grades back up before graduation.

Destinee Argomaniz commented, “Well I think that it gives us a chance to go out and doesn’t let us sit like couch potatoes.”

The extra credit might have been difficult but was worth the time because it was like an adventure around Los Angeles. On the handout she gave to students, there were eight to ten places in each expedition. Although not many students participated, those who went had to go with adult supervision and had to sign a permission slip.

Some of the expeditions were to go to the Natural History Museum, USC, Rose Garden Park, Belmont Shore, Queen Mary, San Pedro Port O’ Call, Museum of Latin American Art, California ScienCenter, Vincent Thomas Bridge, and Los Angeles Coliseum. Every group or individual who went on one of the expeditions had to make a fun video that they could present when they came back from break to show the class where they went and what they learned.

Jessilyn Soto, a government student stated, “USC was nice but I got lost a lot because of all the different buildings so my aunt and I went to look at the maps at every corner.”

Those who went on the group expeditions spoke about how fun some of their adventures were. In the Natural Museum, there were many rooms filled with different types of objects. One room contained jewels and gems behind thick glass and there were also meteorites that were available to touch.

The Rose Garden was right around the corner from the ScienCenter, the Los Angeles Coliseum, and USC. The Rose Garden Park had different types of roses the students did not know existed. Every different rose color had a different name. The Park had no specific place on where to sit and welcomed visitors to have a picnic wherever they would like. The Los Angeles Coliseum was under construction and only had guided tours which start at 10:30 in the morning and closed at 1:30 in the afternoon. At USC the students had to walk around, take pictures, and explore the shops that USC had on campus.

Not only did the government students do it for extra credit, but it was more of a memorable experience for the Braves. It was a chance to be out on a rode trip with friends.

• Historic Break

Features

I Like My Raw Men

• Historic Break

Features

Summer Nights

• Historic Break

Features

iPhone 8: The New Era

• Historic Break

Features

Churros on Wheels

• Historic Break

Features

Round Two. Photo shoot!

• Historic Break

Features

Don’t Stress It

• Historic Break

Entertainment

Orchestra Hosts A Movie

• Historic Break

Features

BPHS Royalty

• Historic Break

Features

New York Comes to LA

• Historic Break

Features

BP Alumni now Business Tycoon

Historic Break